- With Donyi Polo Airport, all eight northeastern state capitals will now have airports. This can be the primary greenfield mission in northeast India. Earlier, folks from Itanagar needed to journey six to 10 hours to both Dibrugarh or Guwahati, in Assam, to take flights.
- The title of the airport displays the traditions and wealthy cultural heritage of Arunachal Pradesh and its age-old indigenous reverence to the Sun (Donyi) and Moon (Polo).
- This would be the third operational airport in Arunachal Pradesh. Earlier, two different cities of Arunachal Pradesh — Pasighat and Tezu — had been linked below the UDAN scheme.
- The new airport has 2,300 metres of runway and is appropriate for working giant, wide-bodied plane like Boeing 747.
- Donyi Polo Airport has been developed over an space of 690 acres of land at a value of greater than Rs 640 crore.
- It has a peak dealing with capability of 200 passengers per hour.
- The basis stone was laid by Mr Modi in February 2019. Despite the pandemic and different challenges, work was accomplished inside a brief span of time.
- This is the seventh airport to have been constructed within the Northeast within the final eight years. This speedy improvement of airports within the area is in step with the federal government’s emphasis on rising connectivity.
- The airport terminal is a contemporary constructing, which promotes power effectivity, renewable power and the recycling of sources.
- On October 28, a check flight operated by price range provider IndiGo had landed on the newly-constructed facility.